Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX SEPTA Crossing

Date: 05/10/19 10:39
CSX SEPTA Crossing
Author: RDG630

Darby, PA view from eastbound CSX train crossing SEPTA  light rail line

Date: 05/10/19 11:03
Re: CSX SEPTA Crossing
Author: refarkas

Once that kind of crossing was common, but now it is truely rare. Thanks for sharing this.
Bob

Date: 05/10/19 11:15
Author: Gonut1

Today it has flange bearing frogs for the trolleys, the passengers get the bumpy ride!
Gonut

Date: 05/10/19 11:17
Author: ClubCar

refarkas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Once that kind of crossing was common, but now it
> is truly rare. Thanks for sharing this.
> Bob
You are so correct.  In the olden days, when the B&O was still operating passenger trains such as "The Royal Blue" on this line, there were two tracks crossing over the streetcar now "light rail" tracks.  I believe that the B&O pulled up the 2nd track around 1960 since the through passenger service ended in 1958.  Great photo, thanks for sharing it.
John in White Marsh, Maryland

Date: 05/11/19 07:20
Author: CM80-46

Anyone have a photo of the “light rail” diamond?  Dosen’t look like a regular frog crossing. Which carrier is responsible for maintenance, or is it a shared agreement arrangement?
CM80.46

Date: 05/11/19 09:46
Author: PRR_4859

It is a flange bearing diamond on the Septa side. No gaps of a traditional diamond.

Date: 05/12/19 08:12
Author: march_hare

What’s that neighborhood like to railfan  in?  I’ve always wanted to shoot that scene, but I hear diverging reports of whether hanging out there is a good idea. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0334 seconds