Home Open Account Help 246 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Ed K's photo collection

Date: 05/17/19 12:04
Ed K's photo collection
Author: thehighwayman

With the sad passing of Ed Kaspriske a few months back, I am wonder has become, or what will become, of his probably huge photo collection.
I never met Ed in person ...never even talked to him. But I sure enjoyed seeing his photos of railfanning back in the 1960s & 70s.
Has anyone heard anything about what is to happen with them?
Thanks in advance!

Will MacKenzie
Dundas, ON

Date: 05/17/19 13:17
Re: Ed K's photo collection
Author: JohnnyG

I remember Ed in his wild days,ran into him and his crew,they were camping out near Bennyington curve.he had some BIG cameras.I can't put a date on it

JohnnyG

Date: 05/17/19 13:55
Author: pennsy3750

I never met Ed, but he told me several years ago via private message that he had sold off his negatives years ago; IIRC he had everything digitized.

Date: 05/17/19 14:21
Author: SNY1337

He had posted wonderful pictures of the "east slope" area! I really enjoyed seeing them. I remember seeing some MG shots he had posted. If not for that I would have never seen inside MG tower!

Date: 05/17/19 14:31
Author: ns1000

Since we are on the subject, what has happened to his horn collection??

Date: 05/17/19 20:22
Author: sscannella

I don't know the details of the disposition of the collection, but a gentleman from the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area, who is a member of the local NRHS chapter there, has been posting some of Ed's photos on a Facebook group.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0285 seconds