Home Open Account Help 362 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Train vs Truck

Date: 06/13/19 11:35
Train vs Truck
Author: CNJ1524

In Lopatcong Township, NJ on the former Washington Secondary.
https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/2019/06/train-and-tractor-trailer-crash-draws-emergency-crews-in-lopatcong-township.htmlTrain and tractor trailer crash draws emergency crews in Lopatcong TownshipUpdated 1:45 PM; Today 11:43 AM By Sarah Cassi | For lehighvalleylive.comEmergency crews are responding to a crash involving a train and tractor trailer in Lopatcong Township.The crash was reported a little after 11 a.m. near Route 57 and Strykers Road.Lopatcong Township police could not be reached for details, but posted on Facebook that Strykers Road was shut down from Route 519 to Route 57 due to the crash. The turn lane from Strykers Road to Route 57 East was also closed.Strykers Road reopened a little before 1:30 p.m.Emergency radio reports indicated the truck driver suffered minor injuries and the trailer was empty.The National Transportation Safety Board was notified of the crash.
:
**Update on Strykers Road** The wreckage has been removed and the train has been cleared from the tracks. All traffic patterns are back to normal.Posted by Lopatcong Township Police Department on Thursday, June 13, 2019
Sarah Cassi may be reached at scassi@lehighvalleylive.com. Follow her on Twitter [i]@SarahCassi[/i]. Find [i]lehighvalleylive.com on Facebook[/i].

Date: 06/14/19 06:35
Re: Train vs Truck
Author: cjvrr

Date: 06/15/19 05:24
Re: Train vs Truck
Author: KimHeusel

cjvrr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Another article on the crash.
>
> https://www.nj.com/warren/2019/06/trucker-listenin
> g-to-loud-music-crashes-into-moving-train-cops-say
> .html

Interesting that in thid story the engineer and conductor were named. Haven't seen that very often. Also, in one of the comments with the story, a reader said the train was actually a Dover and Deleware train opearting on tracks leased from NS.

Kim Heusel

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0346 seconds