Home Open Account Help 350 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Venue & menu, but darn .... no train

Date: 07/18/19 12:20
Venue & menu, but darn .... no train
Author: cinder

OK ....  So I'm all checked in at the "Mance Spa".  The hot tub is just right, the drink is poured.  Now for a train ..... What, no train?  PSR has resulted in longer, but fewer trains over Sand Patch.

Date: 07/18/19 13:41
Re: Venue & menu, but darn .... no train
Author: warren1977

cinder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OK ....  So I'm all checked in at the "Mance
> Spa".  The hot tub is just right, the drink is
> poured.  Now for a train ..... What, no train? 
> PSR has resulted in longer, but fewer trains over
> Sand Patch.
You'll have to transport yourself over to Bill Rettberg's latest thread to see our beloved WM F-7s and SD's running all over Sand Patch 40+ years ago...
and then imagine how it used to be.

Date: 07/18/19 13:58
Author: cinder

Photographer unknown.  But, "Those were the days my friend...."   

Date: 07/18/19 14:08
Author: boejoe

Wasn't there a photographer from Cumberland named Bill Price?  These photos almost look like his work.  Just my guess.

Date: 07/18/19 14:53
Author: refarkas

Two "A+" steam photos!
Bob

Date: 07/18/19 15:43
Author: warren1977

boejoe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wasn't there a photographer from Cumberland named
> Bill Price?  These photos almost look like his
> work.  Just my guess.
Yes, both pics appear on pgs. 81-82 of B&O Steam Finale Vol. II, a 1988 hardcover volume that shows off Bill's color photography.
I knew Bill Price a little in the late 1970s, I was a teenage member of the new Cumberland, MD. NRHS chapter, founded in 1977 largely because of the Chessie Steam Special.
Bill was a leader in the chapter, and more than a few club meetings were followed by an impromptu slide or film showing by Bill. He had a 24,000 ft. library of train films he shot along with his still photos. He was very quiet and humble, and never wanted to show his diesel shots from the 1960s-70s, he was most proud of the steam era film and photos.
The Cumberland area has been blessed in a rail photography sense as a number of very competent photographers have lived in the area over the years.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0408 seconds