Home Open Account Help 292 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX PTC leader question

Date: 08/11/19 13:36
CSX PTC leader question
Author: mkerner

Heard a conversation on the radio about if there is a CSX PTC equipped engine with functional PTC in the lashup it must be the leader even if facing wrong. A train with a CSX leader without functioning PTC cannot leave the yard that way. So I guess this is something new as my local yard hadn't heard of it.
Michael t Kerner

Posted from Android

Date: 08/12/19 12:50
Re: CSX PTC leader question
Author: engineerinvirginia

mkerner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Heard a conversation on the radio about if there
> is a CSX PTC equipped engine with functional PTC
> in the lashup it must be the leader even if facing
> wrong. A train with a CSX leader without
> functioning PTC cannot leave the yard that way. So
> I guess this is something new as my local yard
> hadn't heard of it.
> Michael t Kerner
>
> Posted from Android

Yes, technically anything that has working PTC must lead at least from the originating terminal, and one would hope there is a Y or turntable there to make the backward unit forward....and for what it's worth I have played musical chairs with a consist to get a working PTC unit in the lead, fortunately a proper facing one was in consist, and we only had to switch it to the head end, and bury the disqualified one. If I have to run backward, I'd just as soon do it with PTC, for if there's any doubt about being able to see each signal lineside, PTC will help determine what's what. 

Date: 08/13/19 08:42
Re: CSX PTC leader question
Author: espeefan

I absolutely hate running backwards for a long period of time!

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0352 seconds