Home Open Account Help 367 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > alco rs-1 running today

Date: 08/11/19 19:35
alco rs-1 running today
Author: steamboat

was in Orlando today and caught this alco rs-1 working  going back into there yard on w. kaliey st in Orlando fl just west of the Amtrak station   thay  use it when csx brings in cars from the south  to unload hope to go back wed when thay run again and get video of it runing  more to come

Date: 08/11/19 19:46
Re: alco rs-1 running today
Author: steamboat

forgot to say there conrad yelvington engines thay have 2 other ones there the frist is a alco s-2 and the 2ed is a emd switcher witch thay are painting today and guy said they will use it when painted . so harry if you want your rs-1 pictures soon  . it will be there always but not run . 3 or 4 years ago i saw the rs-1 and the emd both ruining  same day at once ..

Date: 08/11/19 19:46
Author: dcfbalcoS1

Hope you meant it was 'running' today instead of 'ruining' .

Date: 08/12/19 00:20
Author: wpamtk

That's great! I caught the S-2 running (and the RS-1 parked) in 2003. When I heard they'd gotten an EMD, I figured that was it for the Alcos. Happy to be wrong.

Date: 08/12/19 12:15
Author: AlcoRSD15

Wow! The 292 is still alive!  I caught it at the same place - Kaley St in Orlando, back in 2002 and was surprised to see it working then. I exclaimed to the engineer that it was the first RS1 that I had seen in 30 years. Little did I know that it would be around for another 17!
- Eric Blasko

Date: 08/13/19 09:24
Author: brc600

What is the heritage of these beasts?

AlcoRSD15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow! The 292 is still alive!  I caught it at the
> same place - Kaley St in Orlando, back in 2002 and
> was surprised to see it working then. I exclaimed
> to the engineer that it was the first RS1 that I
> had seen in 30 years. Little did I know that it
> would be around for another 17!
> - Eric Blasko

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0506 seconds