Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > An interesting morning at LEHL MP 40

Date: 08/16/19 12:56
An interesting morning at LEHL MP 40
Author: Pattenburg

which is near the Valley Road grade crossing and CP SULLY in Hillsborough (NJ). After 21M headed west around 8:50 forty-five minutes later NS 20E would come to a stop right at the milepost around 9:31. As to why it stopped there was a source of speculation via the Internet. One story that was making the rounds was that 20E had derailed. It didn't since the crew and I chatted while they waited. Another rumor was that a oversized truck might have hit the Main Street Bridge in Manville causing the stoppage. A third story making the rounds was that there was some type of incident down at BRI transfer station that caused the halt in train traffic. Finally after a long wait 20E was given the signal to proceed, Shortly there after came NS's Virginian heritage unit leading 24Z followed by 212.  

Date: 08/16/19 14:01
Re: An interesting morning at LEHL MP 40
Author: dschlegel

I wonder which rumor, if any, turned out to be true?

Nice catches!
Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/16/19 14:50
Author: bakesbaker1

8099 southern trailing NS 4156
Intermodal
15:30 8/16/19
Three bridges, NJ

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/16/19 14:53
Author: overniteman

The problem was with the 62V in Manville.

As usual it was working on the old Royce Runner down by BRI (opposite Walmart).
I arrived late, but the gates were down for a long time at 13th St, so I hung a left and went opposite from the scene.

21M went West and mentioned to the 62V that there were police cars next to his train.

There were Manville & NS police, plus some private vehicles near the train. The relief crew HO3 ended up taking the 62V East, but there was little to no chatter on the scanner.

The Eastbounds (20E, 24Z and 212) were all lined up behind  this and they eventually rolled thru. The 22V was stuck up in the siding at MP 51 and was waiting for a new crew to be jitneyed in all the way from Harrisburg.

One railfan showed up for the Virginian unit and he mentioned something quite gruesome, but I won't say it here as there was no proof it happened.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/19 14:56 by overniteman.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0625 seconds