Home Open Account Help 374 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Former L&N Baxter Avenue Elevated Tracks - Louisville, KY

Date: 08/17/19 17:20
Former L&N Baxter Avenue Elevated Tracks - Louisville, KY
Author: jbrailkentucky

On Friday I took a trip down to the old L&N elevated tracks which run 1.6 miles and constructed in 1936 time frame.  I saw a picture from here, so I went down there in the morning knowing I could catch Z544, Q230, and J757 heading northbound out of the CSX Osborn Yard.  It's really a great spot in the mornings I discovered.  First was the RJ Corman Z544 train that comes from around Bowling Green, KY, and goes to Berea, KY, with a trio of tunnel motors.  Next, was Q230 with SD40-3 4384 (2016 Clinchfield sticker unit that led the Santa train) along with another SD40-3 with loaded autoracks, sometimes boxcars with parts, and truck frames which originates in Louisvlle and goes to Walbridge, OH.  Lastly, the local J757 goes to the O'Bannon Yard in Loiusville, KY, from the Osborn Yard with trucks frames, boxcars with parts, and sometimes other freight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/19 14:06 by jbrailkentucky.

Date: 08/18/19 09:43
Re: Former L&N Baxter Avenue Elevated Tracks - Louisville, KY
Author: gcm

Very nice group of shots.
Interesting bridges in Louisville.
Gary

Date: 08/18/19 13:00
Re: Former L&N Baxter Avenue Elevated Tracks - Louisville, KY
Author: SP8595

Great trio! Three Tunnel Motors, Awesome!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0382 seconds