Home Open Account Help 160 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > A toddler and a green choo-choo with a friendly crew

Date: 09/01/19 01:56
A toddler and a green choo-choo with a friendly crew
Author: dan7366

After waking up way too early yesterday afternoon, I learned via Facebook that the Southern was leading 295, and already very close.  With both toddlers 1 & 2 already up from their naps, I asked them if they wanted to go see a green choo-choo, which they did.  Guessing that I didn't have time to get to our preferred location, we headed into Lancing, TN to get them at the former TN-62 crossing.  I was hoping to get both toddlers 1 & 2 in the shot, but #2 insisted on being picked up right before 295 came around the curve.  So here's Toddler #1 enjoying watching a train with a very friendly crew that gave both waves and a couple of honks.

Dan

Date: 09/01/19 08:57
Re: A toddler and a green choo-choo with a friendly crew
Author: Notch7

Thanks for posting this sweet picture.  As a senior engineer, I still love waving and blowing to kids when I can.  As a little boy in overalls and cap, I was waved to.  My outfit didn't change, just bought larger sizes.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0659 seconds