Home Open Account Help 259 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS Reading Line - Monday

Date: 09/16/19 12:16
NS Reading Line - Monday
Author: birdman

1. An eastbound intermodal train rolls through Lyons, PA 
2. and 3. The Virginian leads westbound intermodal train 21M at Lyons, PA.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/19 12:46 by birdman.

Date: 09/16/19 12:17
Re: NS Reading Line - Monday

4. An NS track maintainer watches closely as manifest train 10K rolls through Alburtis, PA.
5. Empty ethanol train 65K at Emmaus, PA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/19 12:26 by birdman.

Date: 09/16/19 18:27
Author: OCtrainguy

Nice photos! 

With the change of many of the mixed freights to Enola, how has the traffic been on the Reading Line?  I know the sign up time was changed on the H68, so that's another train not seen in the midday.  

Date: 09/16/19 18:58

Due to recent surgery and return to work, I have not been trackside for almost two months until today.  I saw six trains between 7:00 A.M. and Noon. I was wondering about H68.  What is it's new schedule? There was a lot of maintainer activity on track two between Lyons and Macungie.

Date: 09/16/19 19:18
Author: OCtrainguy

Gotcha, hope you're recovering well.  I will defer on the time for the H68, but posts on Facebook groups have had the train at Macungie and points west after 5:30 pm.  

Date: 09/16/19 21:57
Author: OHRY

Correct the H68 isnt on duty until 4pm out of Allentown. Most trains to and from Allentown are now mostly nocturnal. The 19G and 34A can be caught in the morning to midday hours.

Posted from Android

Date: 09/17/19 05:49
Author: Lackawanna484

Thanks for the pictures, glad to hear you are up and about.  Nothing like a few heritage units to get the blood racing...

In picture 4, is there new building construction in the background?  That was always a nice location with crops, etc in the picture

Date: 09/17/19 07:48

Lackawanna484 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for the pictures, glad to hear you are up
> and about.  Nothing like a few heritage units to
> get the blood racing...
>
> In picture 4, is there new building construction
> in the background?  That was always a nice
> location with crops, etc in the picture

A big new construction project is underway just outsude of Alburtis. I am not sure if it is another warehouse or the new headquarters for Air Products Corp. which is supposec to be moving to a site near Macungie. Fortunately, the large farm near the grade crossing at Hilltop Rd. has not been developd.

Date: 09/17/19 13:26
Author: Lackawanna484

Thanks!

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0897 seconds