Home Open Account Help 337 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Update on ex-PRR Signals on Pittsburgh Line in Pittsburgh

Date: 09/16/19 18:09
Update on ex-PRR Signals on Pittsburgh Line in Pittsburgh
Author: RuleG

This past weekend was the end of the line for the ex-PRR signals at BLOOM, SOLOMON and PITT, all locations just east of the Amtrak station in Downtown Pittsburgh.  The new signals were in place this morning.

Was surprised to see the signal bridge just west of the South Millvale Avenue Bridge taken down as it supported a set of the newer signals which have been in place for a number of years.

Don't know the status of signals on the Fort Wayne Line.

Date: 09/16/19 20:36
Re: Update on ex-PRR Signals on Pittsburgh Line in Pittsburgh
Author: DJ-12

RuleG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This past weekend was the end of the line for the
> ex-PRR signals at BLOOM, SOLOMON and PITT, all
> locations just east of the Amtrak station in
> Downtown Pittsburgh.  The new signals were in
> place this morning.
>
> Was surprised to see the signal bridge just west
> of the South Millvale Avenue Bridge taken down as
> it supported a set of the newer signals which have
> been in place for a number of years.
>
> Don't know the status of signals on the Fort Wayne
> Line.

All the intermediates are going away on the Pgh Line. Cab signals only with PTC overlay.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 09/17/19 03:48
Re: Update on ex-PRR Signals on Pittsburgh Line in Pittsburgh
Author: JUTower

Are the intermediates still in at 353? I anticipate that the next cutover will result in the removal of those and extension of cab signal territory to CP-PENN whose new signal bridge looms impressively over I-279.  I also imagine the relatively-new intermediates at 77? (near old CP-Herr) on the Conemaugh Line will go down, seeing Cab Signal extended from ETNA down to PENN on the Conemaugh side of things as well.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.035 seconds