Home Open Account Help 223 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > The Passing of Gary A Rich-The end of the line

Date: 10/28/19 20:32
The Passing of Gary A Rich-The end of the line
Author: Fortyfooter

Hi TO Members,
It is with a heavy heart that I heard about the passing of Gary A Rich! I never knew Gary personally, he contacted me because he knew I loved freight cars like himself. I think he knew I would have enough passion and energy to carry on his legacy and post his work for others to enjoy here on TO and other forums.

When I look at the scope of his work, it is tremendous, and never to be repeated. Most of us can't comprehend what he did in his lifetime with his dedication to railroading. Both as an employee and one that truly appreciated rolling stock and American culture and companies of all sorts. He knew where to look, he was a master of the game. This was in a slide era no digital, but his work shines above even those who are shooting today!

Now I feel more than ever, I need to get his work out to the masses so they can see what true American Railroading was. Gary was the Richard Steinhemer and Doc Ball of his era! His tank car, hopper car and caboose slides are unreal and super in-depth. He was in the right place at the right time more than often!
A result of long boring days switching cars in the DRGW Denver yard a super place to be in the seventies and eighties. Now in the digital age, it is even more impressive to look at his talents, when it really mattered the most he nailed it. Today's photography is so forgiving, but most people aren't very well trained!

As a tribute to Gary, I am going to start a new series on Sat, called the "The Rich Life", to appreciate every day we have on earth and celebrate his zest for life.  His work is a celebration of the passion for railroading and this first-class preservation of railroading history is now visions we can see forever!
We all owe so much to Gary and others for not only preserving railroad history but also American History! His work will not soon be forgotten and I feel honored to share it here on Trainorders!. I feel  tonight quite heavy his loss! 

God bless a great man Gary A Rich!
Gino Pagliaro

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/19 21:28 by Fortyfooter.

Date: 10/28/19 20:49
Re: The Passing of Gary A Rich-The end of the line
Author: ghemr

I too enjoy looking at his photos and I appreciate you for taking the time to post them!

Date: 10/29/19 02:52
Author: boejoe

That's a wonderful tribute to Gary.  Thanks Fortyfooter.

Date: 10/29/19 04:25
Author: Korigaoka1811

I'm sorry that we've lost Mr. Rich and, at the same time, I am looking forward to seeing his photos on Saturdays.

John

Date: 10/29/19 13:47
Author: cabsignaldrop

Thanks for letting us see his work, look forward to more.  Clear signals all the way home!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0436 seconds