Home Open Account Help 385 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NJ Transit AquaTrain in Suffern NY

Date: 11/10/19 18:25
NJ Transit AquaTrain in Suffern NY
Author: erielackawanna

Following an early morning in Strasburg with NW 611, I headed up towards my high school reunion in Mahwah NJ. An internet friend, aware I was on the east coast, started sending me texts about what was out and about. When he mentioned an AquaTrain and a freight both on the New Jersey Transit mainline (and both through Mahwah itself), I picked those. Wound up at the Suffern station, just because I thought it was easier to shoot at and found the AquaTrain there ready to go east (with an ex CNJ Geep at the helm no less). Turned out the station platforms aren't as open as I had hoped, but was still able to get some good shots of the Aqua Train (after waiting more than an hour). Also saw three passenger trains and the one freight while waiting, so not a bad run. 

Sharing two images of the AquaTrain first as I think those are the best shots.

Date: 11/10/19 18:26
Re: NJ Transit AquaTrain in Suffern NY
Author: erielackawanna

Also, here's the first passenger train (because Geep) and the freight (becase freight on the former Erie). Not my favorite shots, but glad I took them.

Date: 11/10/19 18:52
Author: bakesbaker1

Great info and shots. Thank you for sharing.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/10/19 19:14
Author: OCtrainguy

The lighting was really good on the aqua train.  And with an ol' CNJ engine to boot! 

Date: 11/11/19 14:58
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!!

Date: 11/11/19 16:43
Author: Lackawanna484

Like them all, thank you.

The Aqua-Train is a regular visitor to the Montclair-Boonton line.  The cut by Glen Ridge station is a trap for leaves and moisture, and always seems damp from the stream.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0366 seconds