Home Open Account Help 340 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > I waited out a long light in Cincinnati and ended up with this...

Date: 11/17/19 17:40
I waited out a long light in Cincinnati and ended up with this...
Author: tq-07fan

I didn't have much time to work with today to continue my goal of railfanning every Sunday this year. I'd left my camera in the car during my first piece of work this morning and planned to go out and find something, anything, then go to my favorite Indian cuisine lunch buffet as it would be dark or almost dark when I got off this evening. I made my circuit to see if anything was lined up on CSX to go to or from KY and nothing, no radio traffic, no signals lined up. Norfolk Southern coming in and out of Gest Street had been busy each trip I drove the bus under the south end of it on Eighth Street. Could it still be busy? There was someone in the yard preparing to go north, someone preparing to go south on the scanner. I'd made my complete loop and by-passed the footbridge across Sixth Street to go back over toward Burns to get to Gest Street. Instead I continued up to State, turned around and waited at the long light to go back toward downtown on River Rd which becomes the Sixth Street Viaduct. While waiting on the light, sure enough I could see something moving north across the huge Southern bridge across the Ohio River, approaching where I had just come from. The light finally turned and as I got up on the Sixth Street Viaduct I realized I would not get the aforementioned shot, I also realized there was unusually no traffic around me so I made the decision to pull off and shoot. The stop light actually timed it out right for me, for once...

Thank you for looking!

Jim

Date: 11/17/19 19:21
Re: I waited out a long light in Cincinnati and ended up with thi
Author: cabsignaldrop

Wow good backdrop, Jim!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.2855 seconds