Home Open Account Help 273 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Delaware Lackaanna local job in Scranton 10/29/19

Date: 11/18/19 19:59
Delaware Lackaanna local job in Scranton 10/29/19
Author: erielackawanna

My last day back east was October 29. I heard that the DL road job had gone all the way down to Slateford Junction and was on its way back. Figuring it had no work along the way, I decided it was smarter for me to stay in Scranton and get it returning rather than risk running past it somewhere on a drive east. Turned out that the train did have work and wouldn't be coming back until afternoon, but hanging out in town let me get some shots of the local job instead. I first spotted it pulling an RS3 onto the Minooka Branch at the driveway into Steamtown. It was too late to shoot it, but I followed it down to South Scranton and shot the engines coming back light and then stopping for beans. A few hours after that the engines ran through Steamtown Yard light on their way to Devil's Hole. Had I completely understood that they were actually going to rescue PO75, I would have followed them, but I didn't put two and two together and assumed they were just going to do some work down the line somewhere, so I waited for both them and the road job to return while they were in fact combining into one train that wouldn't make it back to Steamtown that day.

First three images are on the Minooka branch near South Scranton.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/19 20:07 by erielackawanna.

Date: 11/18/19 20:00
Re: Delaware Lackaanna local job in Scranton 10/29/19

Next three images are of the job running light through Steamtown Yard on its way to Devil's Hole to rescue the road train (which was slipping on leaves).

Date: 11/18/19 20:01

Last two images are going away shots.

Date: 11/19/19 05:32
Author: refarkas

Your choice of locations and the quality of your less-than-perfect-day photography are both great.
Bob

Date: 11/19/19 12:48
Author: engineerinvirginia

Any day is perfect if you can capture the mood you want to capture.....too many photogenic scenes are bypassed because your view of perfection is too narrow....you create perfection by adjusting your camera to produce the picture in your head....a little digital post production makes it too easy these days, but dodging and burning used to be the thing to do.....and yes, post production is fine if the result looks like you want. Nobody needs to know how you got there. 

And let me add these pictures achieve that opinion perfectly....retouched or not....they look fine just fine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/19 19:14 by engineerinvirginia.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0448 seconds