Home Open Account Help 369 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS F's and the Miracle Express

Date: 11/20/19 06:19
NS F's and the Miracle Express
Author: EL833

Since the bids come down today on the NS executive fleet I'll add what is my favorite memory of them. Like many, I've photographed and viewed them trackside a lot over the years as a fan, but a day in October 2010 remains the best during my career with NS. Norfolk Southern had donated the entire business train for a Cleveland to Toledo round trip dubbed the "Miracle Express" that gave many kids with illnesses, many of which were terminal, their first (and maybe last) train ride. I volunteered back in the coaches along with other local NS employees but took a few moments before we departed Cleveland to grab a shot of the train at the Amtrak station and a couple views from inside the 4271. It turned out to be one of those days that will remain etched in my mind as well as all others on that train, the smiles of those children saying what words couldn't. This wasn't the big deal like the CSX Santa train is with it's national attention, but in our little corner of the world it was a very big deal for those children.

Roger Durfee
Akron, OH

Date: 11/20/19 08:25
Re: NS F's and the Miracle Express
Author: DJ-12

Very nice Roger. Thanks for sharing a great memory. Happier times in many many ways.

Date: 11/20/19 10:14
Author: refarkas

And I'm sure you made a positive impression on the kids, too.
Bob

Date: 11/20/19 12:03
Author: RayH

Nice photos, but an even better story

Date: 11/20/19 13:20
Author: wabash2800

Wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

Date: 11/20/19 14:12
Author: DL212

Bob -- Super photographs which are surpassed only by an outstanding story!

Craig

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0435 seconds