Home Open Account Help 144 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > This AM On CSAO

Date: 11/25/19 10:17
This AM On CSAO
Author: overniteman

The "big ticket" item today was Norfolk Southern's 212 (Atlanta-Croxton) with the Interstate heritage unit leading. It was thru Reading, Pa. at about 7:45 this AM.

Now that is perfect timing! Leaves plenty of time to get a bagel with a schmear and one glazed donut (see Vinnie, I do eat), some gas for the car and head trackside. Oh and yes, the sun was out! But the shadows from the trees are murder here.

After all is ready, crank up the scanner and go into a semi-doze mode when I'm jarrred awake by NS 294 calling out the 26 signal.
GEVO 8095 and a D9 have a short train after leaving most of it in Bethlehem, Pa. The leftovers go to E-Rail.

South Plainfield, New Jersey.

Date: 11/25/19 10:21
Re: This AM On CSAO

At 10:30. CSX puts a container train through (sorry, they never talked on the radio) Eastbound.

In what is pretty much the formation, GEVO's fore and aft, the 3026 rips through.

Date: 11/25/19 10:23

And after a bit, the DPU whines by.

Date: 11/25/19 10:28

There were more NS Eastbound's (22V had one of those black / grey AC44C6M's) but I was too cozy waiting for the star. 

At 10:42 (almost 3 hrs since Reading), the Interstate unit rolls the 212 quickly over it's last miles.

Date: 11/25/19 11:09
Author: Pattenburg

Here is the one you missed. 22V with NS 4004 in a trailing position through Manville (NJ) around 8:31AM.

Date: 11/25/19 12:07

Nice shot! 

I was over by Ziegler's and watched this one go by and never got out of the car.
There was another NS, I think it was 24Z and CSX ran a short Westbound intermodal.

Looks like a good bunch of fans up in Manville this AM.

Date: 11/25/19 15:09
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0395 seconds