Home Open Account Help 242 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CP Christmas Train on NS

Date: 12/01/19 02:59
CP Christmas Train on NS
Author: justalurker66

I was one of the hundreds of people lining the tracks watching the CP Christmas Train pass through at 3:30am local time (Goshen and Elkhart) leaving for Osceola at about 4:30am local time. (All cities in Indiana on the NS Chicago Line.) I saw it last year with about a dozen people but didn't go down the tracks to see how many other people were watching. Many more than I expected - for the middle of the night!

First segment ... a rollby near MP 414. The rain had let up, the traffic was calm and the camera worked.
Second segment ... less luck with the camera. It froze up a couple of minutes before the train arrived. I had to pull the battery to restart it. I didn't have time to remount it on the tripod, so It became a one hand handheld shot (with the other hand holding the umbrella) in freezing rain. In retrospect, not as bad as it could have been. A lot more traffic pacing the train.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 12/01/19 03:08
Re: CP Christmas Train on NS
Author: JPB

Excellent capture!

Date: 12/03/19 05:58
Re: CP Christmas Train on NS
Author: Bunny218

Nice video! Thanks for sharing.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0291 seconds