Home Open Account Help 335 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > csx and utu pull out of national handling

Date: 01/15/20 05:17
csx and utu pull out of national handling
Author: green

looks like csx t&e employees will be under the hourly agreement soon as both crafts have now pulled out of national handling and are negotiating an on property agreemnets.  be interesting to see what the new crew consist agreement will look like.

https://smart-union.org/news/smart-td-announces-bargaining-team/

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/20 06:46 by green.

Date: 01/15/20 07:01
Re: csx and utu pull out of national handling
Author: Derailment

Carriers make the decision to not negotiate nationally, not unions. This is old news and no proposals have been made. Hourly talks were a non starter for negotiations going back to 2017.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 01/15/20 10:45
Author: engineerinvirginia

Derailment Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Carriers make the decision to not negotiate
> nationally, not unions. This is old news and no
> proposals have been made. Hourly talks were a non
> starter for negotiations going back to 2017.
>
> Posted from iPhone

Both T&E are under a separate agreements known each as SSA for the BLET and CSRA/NMAD for UTU/SMART, if the carrier wants to continue these agreements in some form and the unions thought it worthwhile they would have to bow ought of national negotiations where they speak to things that would be covered by on property agreements. Both of us HAVE snapped back to national handling for pay purposes and unless the carrier has offered something that will be measureably better then I expect we will stay in national handling for that, and also health insurance, and whatever boondoggle that will be this time around. I do not see hourly agreements on the horizon, they have already beed proffered and rejected as absurdly cheap. I personally would take NOTHING less than 75 dollars an hours, considering what they would expect me to do. OH I forget all the railroads are trying to get language with a view to getting Conductors OFF of a number of trains.....I suspect there's something going on with this that SMART feels they can get a better deal than nationally.....I guess we shall find out. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/20 10:55 by engineerinvirginia.

Date: 01/15/20 11:23
Author: green

the northern conductors are still under national handling with it's B&O agreement and are still under the 48 jour bump system. which covers ALL former Conrail lines as well, they mergerd their committee into the b&o 10 years ago. the engineers had agreed on a price for hourly of $51, however they couldn't agree on terms mainly meet and swap work rules, so HH backed out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/20 11:24 by green.

Date: 01/15/20 12:47
Author: engineerinvirginia

green Wrote:
> the northern conductors are still under national
> handling with it's B&O agreement and are still
> under the 48 jour bump system. which covers ALL
> former Conrail lines as well, they mergerd their
> committee into the b&o 10 years ago. the engineers
> had agreed on a price for hourly of $51, however
> they couldn't agree on terms mainly meet and swap
> work rules, so HH backed out.

Meet and swap won't work on lines that run in a circle, there are several areas which do that and HH knew nothing about that method of running....but if you got the routes to allow it, it keeps velocity waaay up. Also, that would pretty well eliminate ID runs, which people like because the money is good and the work is easy. 

Date: 01/15/20 15:05
Author: cockaboose

engineerinvirginia Wrote:
> Also, that would
> pretty well eliminate ID runs, which people like
> because the money is good and the work is easy. 

Not me buddy. 9-12 hours working away from home and almost a full day in the motel before a 9-12 hour trip home. I get asked all the time why I don't work the ID pool and my standard answer is that I like having a life.

Date: 01/15/20 19:56
Author: NYC6001

For all of you who seem to be anxious for us rails to lose 2 man crews, I sure hope that if your loved one doesn't look and either hits a train or is hit by one, it is in a place where the engineer sees it. Otherwise, they will be waiting for awhile for someone to hopefully find them.

Date: 01/16/20 10:57
Author: Derailment

Quits and coal are coming back. I saw that on a commercial somewhere.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0474 seconds