Home Open Account Help 344 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX issuing authorities across subdivisions now?

Date: 01/18/20 10:04
CSX issuing authorities across subdivisions now?
Author: MattW

This past week, I've noticed that CSX's dispatchers seem to be able issue track authorities across subdivision borders for both trains and track inspectors. I mostly follow the old Georgia road. From YYG-170 to YYG-149 it's Atlanta terminal subdivision, from YYG-149 to YYG-3.2 it's Georgia subdivision. But today for instance, Q198 got its authority from Scottdale (YYG-162.5) all the way to SE Lithonia (YYG-146). Typically trains would get Scottdale to YYG-149 from the Atlanta Terminal dispatcher, then change channel to the Georgia Sub dispatcher and get an authority from 149 to wherever. I also heard the same on the Abbeville road on the Atlanta Terminal channel. A few days ago, someone got Belt Junction (SG567.5) to SE Lawrenceville (SG543.8). Atlanta terminal goes to SG559. Now, that said, these particular subdivisions (Abbeville and Georgia) share a desk (AF) so maybe it's just something specific to these two?

Date: 01/18/20 16:01
Re: CSX issuing authorities across subdivisions now?
Author: msullivan93

You pretty much answered your own question.. doesn't matter across SD's, just desk jurisdiction.

Date: 01/18/20 20:32

Huh? But they aren't the same desk. Atlanta Terminal is AD, Abbeville and Georgia are AF.

Date: 01/19/20 05:44
Author: KingCoal

Maybe the same person was working both desks?

Date: 01/19/20 07:29
Author: engineerinvirginia

KingCoal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe the same person was working both desks?

It's either one guy on both territories, or the other guy is sitting next to the first, but if there are two DS's and they are putting people on each others territories, they HAVE had a job briefing before issuing that authority. ON my piece of road we have one dispatcher across all the subdivisions we run....he does issue authorities across division points....

Date: 01/19/20 11:31
Author: Typhoon

CSX combined a desk on the Atlanta division last week.  I don't know which ones but my guess is that is what you are hearing.  

Date: 01/19/20 13:03

Typhoon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CSX combined a desk on the Atlanta division last
> week.  I don't know which ones but my guess is
> that is what you are hearing.

That would make sense. I guess they can do that with the reduction of traffic on the Abbeville and the lack of traffic on the Georgia. You wouldn't happen to know if the frequencies are going to merge?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0356 seconds