Home Open Account Help 198 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Car Repair Shop

Date: 02/13/20 03:55
Car Repair Shop
Author: ClubCar

I have been wondering since the Ringling Bros. & Barnum and Bailey Circus went out of business, besides the fact that their parent company sold off all the circus passenger cars, my question is what happened to the shops that they had down in Florida where they rebuilt cars and made repairs?  Was it sold or is it now doing other business?  All of these workers were skilled in passenger car rebuilding and I cannot help but wonder if they could not be performing repairs and rebuilding other rail equipment?
John in White Marsh, Maryland

Date: 02/13/20 16:06
Re: Car Repair Shop
Author: engineerinvirginia

They may be qualified and able to do great work, but with PSR and company shops being shuttered, what business are they going to get? Cars are in storage by the thousands which means few needing repair....yes, some in storage may need something but they won't get it until and unless they are pulled for service....and it's possible anything that's not gold plated already will be sold or scrapped....there just is very little work for commercial car shops. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0246 seconds