Home Open Account Help 268 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Rush hour at Belle Glade, Florida

Date: 02/26/20 13:00
Rush hour at Belle Glade, Florida
Author: EL833

Well, more like a less than 20 minute rush. Caught 3 US Sugar/South Central Florida Express trains in a matter of minutes passing through Belle Glade, Florida on February 18th, 2020. What they were calling the Watson Local finished up it's work between Bryant and Runyon and had to run around it's train in Belle Glade. Once that was done it blasted off west. Hot on the local's marker was a decent size cane train with a pair of USSC units. Following the cane train was the returning Ft Pierce turn, also hot on the cane train's marker with two units. I didn't have any time to relocate for different angles seeing as the times, in order of the photos attached, were 3:11pm, 3:16pm, and 3:20pm. This is FEC trackage that the SCFE/USSC runs on, but of interest there is new track construction being done that might take some of the SCFE/USSC trains off this section. An all new right of way is going in that looks like it will connect east of Belle Glade, pass to the east and south then head west to a connection with existing rail in the Okeelanta area, kind of making a big circle bypass of Belle Glade. A lot of sub roadbed and crossing installation is already done. Any info on this is most welcome.

Roger Durfee
Akron, OH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/20 13:02 by EL833.

Date: 02/26/20 13:12
Re: Rush hour at Belle Glade, Florida
Author: sscannella

Nice shots.  I was just down in cane country last Friday and got a bunch of moves in the morning.   Also got the Sebring turn doing it's interchange in the afternoon.  Weather was crappy, but I'll be posting the pics later in the week.

Date: 02/26/20 13:22

sscannella Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice shots.  I was just down in cane country last
> Friday and got a bunch of moves in the morning. 
>  Also got the Sebring turn doing it's interchange
> in the afternoon.  Weather was crappy, but I'll
> be posting the pics later in the week.

Thanks, and I'll look forward to your shots. There was a big change in the weather that Friday. I was up in Flagler Beach that day with temps in the 40s- and I had just been in the 80s the day before !

Roger Durfee
Akron, OH

Date: 02/26/20 13:41
Author: stevelv

Nice Roger.  It didn't seem that common to get trains with 2 units when I was down there.  You got two in a short time period both led by ex Boston and Maine GP40-2's.

Date: 02/27/20 17:44

stevelv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice Roger.  It didn't seem that common to get
> trains with 2 units when I was down there.  You
> got two in a short time period both led by ex
> Boston and Maine GP40-2's.

Thanks ! It seems the Ft Pierce turn gets a double most days as does the Sebring turn. I was surprised to see a double on that cane train, but as someone said it could be a power move from Bryant.

Roger Durfee
Akron, OH

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0438 seconds