Home Open Account Help 161 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > One is not a lonely number...at times. Massillon, Ohio

Date: 03/20/20 17:48
One is not a lonely number...at times. Massillon, Ohio
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

With the ever increasing anxiety over the Covid-19 coronavirus I have been going out alone and not out among crowds. The police department I work for (at a major health system in Akron, Ohio) we went on a Tier 3 lockdown; only employees and patients. Have to be scanned before reporting for work at one of three ingress points. Lots of strict guidelines now untiil this passes. Chief said we may be on lockdown for up to three months. Decided to stay local and first picture is of the NS 66X in Canton, Ohio downtown; fog was just starting to lift and this photo was taken on March 20, 2020. Second picture was of NS M2V at Beaumont Road in Lawrence Township just west of Massillon. Number three is of the NS local C03 (with a GP59ECO) passing what I believe to be a former PRR depot with sandstone foundation; strong storm was just staring to brew...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/20 18:00 by Forever-Railfan-45.

Date: 03/20/20 17:56
Re: One is not a lonely number...at times. Massillon, Ohio
Author: scoobydoobydoo

What is the location in your last pic,even though i live in the area my minds blank,Maybe more than normal times...Scoobydoobydoo

Date: 03/20/20 17:56

Number four is a view of the (what I think) was a former PRR depot; commetns welcome. Numbers five and six are of the NS 6E4 from March 19, 2020 at CP MACE. Had to get to work quite quickly so this was the only prudent area I could go and have quick access to the highway. Stay safe everyone if you have to go out. 

Date: 03/20/20 18:01

Massillon, Ohio just west of third street crossing Scoob...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/20 18:04 by Forever-Railfan-45.

Date: 03/20/20 18:15

Number seven is of the C51 helper set heading west to shove NS 66X up CP Big Run at Wooster, Ohio. Milepost PC 138...

Date: 03/20/20 19:34
Author: refarkas

I'm glad you had a chance to share these. My favorite is photo one in the fog.
Yes, that is the ex-PRR station.
Bob

Date: 03/20/20 20:31
Author: LodiCharley

My cousin by the same name lives in Massillon. 

Date: 03/21/20 16:07
Author: ns1000

I like Pic 3!!

Date: 03/21/20 20:54
Author: bath_wildcat

Nice work Carl.  

Im on the western front heading to my wifes grandparents. I'll be posting up at time permits, maybe might have a travel log here from my western front.  

PS I still have to come to Alliance sometime this summer as now I own my own ride.  

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0511 seconds