Home Open Account Help 364 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Dover & Delaware River's local on the WASS

Date: 04/07/20 13:09
Dover & Delaware River's local on the WASS
Author: Pattenburg

Was shoveling mulch when the sound of a train horn told me that the Dover & Delaware River's train to Phillipsburg (NJ) was near on the Washington Secondary. Needing a break from shoveling that mulch, I was able to catch it as it approached the Mill Pond Road grade crossing in Washington (NJ) around 12:40. The leader was NS 5303 bringing six covered hoppers and NS 5304 bringing up the rear marker. There was talk a while back about  the D&DR getting its diesels with their own paint scheme. Any information as to when that might happen? Also does this train have a symbol? Thanks for any information.

Date: 04/07/20 13:21
Re: Dover & Delaware River's local on the WASS
Author: pdt

NS 5303 and 5304 were supposedly on lease from NS for PTC on the NJT lines, till D&DR  got their own power. 
 Ive seen one of the GP-9's on the Pburg train too.   I think they run with both units on the point when the train is long enuf and they need the traction...then they do the power shuffle down at Pburg..

At least thats what I saw last summer.....

Date: 04/07/20 15:56
Author: NYSW252

The train is the RP-1, running a roundtrip from Rockport to Phillipsburg on Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday. Train operates east from Rockport, NJ on Monday/Wednesday/Friday, running as far as Totowa (as required). Two GP38-2s (former B&O/C&O GP)38s) are at a locomotive dealer in Kansas CIty. They will not be released until arrangements are finalized for their installation of PTC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/20 15:57 by NYSW252.

Date: 04/07/20 16:22
Author: Lackawanna484

Love the NYS&W 252 handle, I remember it on the turn to Edgewater.

Gotta dig out those 1970s slides...

Posted from Android

Date: 04/08/20 05:05
Author: Pattenburg

NYSW252 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The train is the RP-1, running a roundtrip from
> Rockport to Phillipsburg on
> Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday. Train operates east from
> Rockport, NJ on Monday/Wednesday/Friday, running
> as far as Totowa (as required). Two GP38-2s
> (former B&O/C&O GP)38s) are at a locomotive dealer
> in Kansas CIty. They will not be released until
> arrangements are finalized for their installation
> of PTC.

Thank you very much for this information!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0533 seconds