Home Open Account Help 235 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > EsPee in the Soy Capital

Date: 05/16/20 21:05
EsPee in the Soy Capital
Author: mtzctrain

Today in Central Illinois we got the treat of seeing the Southern Pacific heritage unit leading a loaded coal train into Decatur IL from the powder river basin in Wyoming. 
In Decatur, the Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) complex has a CoGen plant that receives coal from both the Powder River Basin (via the UP and CN) and southern Illinois (via the NS). Yesterday I got word that UP 1996 was leading an ADM coal train into Peoria IL, where the UP hands off to the CN to bring the train to Decatur. After learning that the train departed Peoria this morning, I headed out to intercept the train and caught up to it just north of Mt. Pulaski, IL. Over the course of the next 3 hours I followed the train all the way into Decatur. It was a windy, partly sunny day here in central Illinois. I was able to grab video of the train in a few different locations along the way to Decatur. I'm hoping to have some photos to share over the next couple days after I sift through the couple hundred shots I got today. There was quite a crowd following this train today, nice to see so many railfans out and about (sorry governor, can't stay at home when there's a heritage unit nearby)! I believe this is the first time we've ever gotten a UP heritage unit on one of these coal trains.
Enjoy!
   -Caleb

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/17/20 07:16
Re: EsPee in the Soy Capital
Author: MEKoch

Must have a slow order around Mt. Pulaski.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0345 seconds