Home Open Account Help 338 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > One Short Trashy Local

Date: 05/24/20 06:26
One Short Trashy Local
Author: Fire28

With not much moving mid day yesterday around Baltimore I decided to try and catch the Trashy Local out of Gaithersburg, MD.

The D765 makes the roughly 34 mile round trip run 6 days a week (M-Sa) from the Gaithersburg Waste Transfer Station to the Dickerson Power Plant/Incinerator. I find this local interestng as the trash is hauled in intermodal type containers stacked in well cars, vs the containers on flat cars that are seen on the Q300/301 & Q409/410 that haul NY/NJ Trash.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/20 19:38 by Fire28.

Date: 05/24/20 14:52
Re: One Short Trashy Local
Author: MEKoch

Given the amount of garbage and trash that Washington DC produces, it should be operating daily..........

Date: 05/24/20 15:58
Author: bigsavage

This service operates for Montgomery County residents only, and is approaching its 25th anniversary in August.
CSX has used just about every class of loco on these, the neatest thing I ever saw with these trains was 2 GP38-2s cutting off the eastbound trash train at Monocacy, and then pushing a stalled autorack up over Barnesville Hill.

Date: 05/24/20 16:55
Author: DFWJIM

Only 34 miles round trip...that is a short run.

Date: 05/27/20 20:06
Author: chapmaja

MEKoch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Given the amount of garbage and trash that
> Washington DC produces, it should be operating
> daily..........

Most of that trash isn't easy to dispose of, it's toxic. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.033 seconds