Home Open Account Help 387 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Bummin' around the First Coast

Date: 07/06/20 08:46
Bummin' around the First Coast
Author: BNSFDS

My family and I took a brief but fun vacation to the St. Augustine area in Florida last week.  While neither my wife or daughter are interested in watching trains, I found some time alone early in the morning to catch some FEC action while they remained sound asleep at the hotel.

Pics 1 and 2 are of northbound FEC train 226 as it rounds the curve and passes the intermediate signal at MP 36.1 in St. Augustine on Monday June 29, 2020.

Pic 3 is train 226 creeping up the siding at Magnolia as it prepares to meet a southbound train on Monday June 29, 2020.

Date: 07/06/20 08:49
Re: Bummin' around the First Coast
Author: BNSFDS

Pic 4 is train 226 now stopped near the road crossing at Magnolia siding on Monday June 29, 2020.

Pic 5: southbound FEC local train 905 races past the stopped northbound train 226 at Magnolia siding on Monday June 29, 2020.

Pic 6: northbound FEC train 226 passes through the swampy marshes that line the San Sabastian River as it heads out of St. Augustine on Tuesday June 30, 2020.

While I didn't have a lot of time to railfan, I came home happy with what I got.

Enjoy

BNSFDS

Date: 07/07/20 05:57
Author: zchcsse

Very nice!    Sometimes it seems the most memorable train watching experiences occur when you're out of town somewhere and are NOT on a train watching trip.   You'll never forget that "one" train, even if it's completely normal.

Date: 07/07/20 13:07
Author: sscannella

That's good stuff.  Very similar to what I've gotten in the morning when visiting St. Augustine the past few years.  You didn't happen to stay at The Ponce motel while you were there, did you.  Rear parking and rooms right next to the line.

Date: 07/07/20 23:20
Author: E25

Very photogenic units and locations.  Thanks!

Is the fuel tender supplying Diesel or something else?

Greg Stadter
Phoenix, AZ

Date: 07/08/20 07:39
Author: DJ-12

E25 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very photogenic units and locations.  Thanks!
>
> Is the fuel tender supplying Diesel or something
> else?

Natural gas. All the new FEC units have the ability to run on LNG supplied by the fuel tender in between the units.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0431 seconds