Home Open Account Help 387 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Fostoria question

Date: 08/09/20 13:17
Fostoria question
Author: robbie

I'm from Columbus, but I have a son and family in Perrysburg.  Whenever I visit I go home via Fostoria.  Had a strange situation yesterday and tjhose who know  the Iron Triange region better than I do can probably help me out.  I saw a long CSX primarily trash train going west on the old B & O and turning south toward Marion and probably Columbus.  It didn't clear the eastern most CSX crossing in Fostoria so on my way home going south on 23 I turned right and found a crossing on the old C & O.  I saw the engine of the trash train to the north and a stopped northbound freight south of the crissing,,,ON THE SAME TRACK, with no crossover in sight.  I waited almost an hour until dark and nothing moved.  Does anyone have a clue as to  what  might have happened?

Date: 08/09/20 13:37
Re: Fostoria question
Author: ShortlinesUSA

Any chance that stopped northbound was actually a southbound, and that was the rear unit operating in distributed power (DP) mode?

Date: 08/09/20 14:01
Author: robbie

Good point.  That would make sense.

Date: 08/10/20 07:09
Author: EL-SD45-3632

C&O traffic is railroad East & West, geographically North & South. CSX refers to the C&O this way.

Date: 08/11/20 07:17
Author: borg

Trash train probley going to BIG land fille south of Fostorian on the C&O. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.042 seconds