Home Open Account Help 357 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NJ: webcam for CSX River Line in Bergenfield

Date: 08/10/20 18:25
NJ: webcam for CSX River Line in Bergenfield
Author: Lackawanna484

There's a webcam mounted at New Bridge Road and the CSX River Line railroad.  This line provides access for CSX to the west shore of the Hudson River to Selkirk Yard in NY. 

The location is single track, just above CP 10, where the line widens to three tracks, the signals for CP 10 are visible on the left side of the image. I believe this was a four track main line back in New York Central days.

https://www.webcamtaxi.com/en/usa/new-jersey/river-railway-line-bergenfield.html

Date: 08/10/20 19:45
Re: NJ: webcam for CSX River Line in Bergenfield
Author: pdt

AFAIK..its was 4 tracks to dumont, and then 2 tracks north from there. Passenger service ended in 1958 iirc,  and then it was reduced to signle track with passing sidings.
I believe it was one of the earlier  examples of remote CTC, as the entire 100+ mile line was controlled from upstairs in Grand Central in NYC.

Date: 08/12/20 20:02
Re: NJ: webcam for CSX River Line in Bergenfield
Author: DocJohn

Lackwanna484, I can personally vouch for the existence of four tracks on New York Central River Division from LF Tower at Little Ferry drawbridge to DU Tower at at Dumont.  I was riding the River Division from Haworth to Weehwaken before kindergarten.  How many remember the need to close coach windows before going through Weehwken tunnel when there was a steam engine pulling the train?

Also just north of New Bridge Road, there were two remote interlockig controlled by DU.  One took trains from the EB local track to the EB express track and the ther two the WB express track to the WB loccal track.

John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0414 seconds