Home Open Account Help 362 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > A little bit of Maine and New Hampshire

Date: 10/14/20 20:41
A little bit of Maine and New Hampshire
Author: sscannella

My wife and I spent the second half of our vacation week last week along the coast of Hew Hampshire and southern Maine, as far north as Portland, ME.    While passing through Portland, I took a quick stop at the Pan Am Rigby Yard.  First time I've been here, and it was only for a few minutes, but I thought I'd post a few photos I took, especially in light of the impending sale of the Pan Am railroad.

Date: 10/14/20 20:46
Re: A little bit of Maine and New Hampshire

We also got a bit of Amtrak Downeaster shots, first on Thursday with 688 at Old Orchard Beach in Maine, then of the 681 on Friday morning after a short side trip to Dover, NH. 

Date: 10/14/20 20:53

The location in Dover where I shot Amtrak 681 was at the north end of the yard there, where the old Boston and Maine engine house still stands, now occupied by a private business (Salmon Falls Stoneware, where my wife picked up a few pottery souvenirs while I waited for the 681.)

Also here are videos of the two Amtrak trains....

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 10/15/20 08:25
Author: 8notch

Nice set of pictures and 2 videos. Thanks for sharing. 
Robert in the Blue mountains of Oregon 

Date: 10/15/20 10:38
Author: 1019X

Great photos, it is neat about the stoneware shop in the old roundhouse. Last time I was in Colorado Springs the old Colorado Midland roundhouse was also a pottery shop!
Charlie

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0443 seconds