Home Open Account Help 377 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Sunset at the Diamond

Date: 10/15/20 05:26
Sunset at the Diamond
Author: tuxedorailfan

10/14/2020

It's a rare thing for me to shoot a train during the week. With work lasting until 5-6PM every day, I tend to just go straight home and repeat the daily process. I do keep my scanner on in my truck though, since my commute follows the NS AGS South main, I like to listen to see what's around. As I was coming up to the turn that I take for the last leg of my commute home, I heard the KCS yardmaster talking to the Macon Local. I know this train always has some nice Geep's in the consist, and I also noticed I had my camera with me for some reason, so i opted to break the ordinary and get a few clicks in. 

After the crew dropped off some cars in the yard and ran around their train, the engineer eased up to the diamond and stopped for me to get a shot of them sitting in the low evening light. He even did me a solid and cut the ditch lights off... For anyone that knows me personally, I despise ditchlights for some reason, I'm a GyraLite kinda guy, but "progress" has nipped that in the bud. 

Anyway, above is the outcome of yesterday's random outing. It's not my best work, but one simply can't turn down an opportunity to shoot a trio of clean Southern Belle painted Geep's. 

Enjoy!

Date: 10/15/20 05:46
Re: Sunset at the Diamond
Author: AVR3001

Looks like a great composition to me!  Thanks for sharing and thank you Mike Haverty for bringing back an attractive paint scheme!

Date: 10/15/20 06:20
Author: Vicksburg_Route

Outstanding image, Dylan.

Date: 10/15/20 07:32

Vicksburg_Route Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Outstanding image, Dylan.

Thanks, Danny. 

Date: 10/15/20 07:32

AVR3001 Wrote:
> Looks like a great composition to me!  Thanks for
> sharing and thank you Mike Haverty for bringing
> back an attractive paint scheme!

Thanks! And yes, Mike did us a solid by bringing back this paint scheme.

Date: 10/15/20 10:32
Author: gcm

Beautiful image !
Gary

Date: 10/15/20 10:35
Author: 1019X

Great photo,  you mention the NS AGS main, but just where is this diamond located at? 

Date: 10/15/20 12:36

1019X Wrote:
> Great photo,  you mention the NS AGS main, but
> just where is this diamond located at? 

11th Avenue in Downtown Meridian. The train is seen crossing both of the NS AGS mains.

Date: 10/15/20 17:36
Author: RMD23

Excellent! Thanks for your time to shoot and post.

Date: 10/15/20 19:04
Author: wpamtk

It may just be the angle of the photo, but the signals look awfully close to the diamonds. If it was necessary to flag the interlocking, it looks like it wouldn't be possible to pull one engine length past the signal to establish occupancy without fouling the other railroad.  

Date: 10/16/20 05:17
Author: NSSpike

Very nice composition there for sure Dylan. 
NSSpike

Phil Maton
Villa Rica, GA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0473 seconds