Home Open Account Help 333 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Question On Battendorf Truck Hardware

Date: 10/20/20 17:56
Question On Battendorf Truck Hardware
Author: NSSpike

Over the years I have noticed what appears to be additional hardware applied to Battendorf trucks on Thrall and Trinity model RWSX coal hoppers in service to Georgia Powers Plant Scherer in Juliette Georgia. Today while track side in Austell Georgia NS 732 PRB Wyoming - GP Juliette, Georgia showed up so I made it a point to click off a few pictures of the said hardware. I was in luck as a few were new applications and stood out and after reviewing the pics I was able to read Hydra-Shox labeling on the hardware. Not every car has these so I tend to think they may only be applied to trucks with marginal springs? All that are applied are only on the center spring. Perhaps as a workaround until the cars next scheduled maintenance? 

What I am looking for is any information as to their name and purpose. 

Thanks for stopping by and always be safe when out track side!!! 

Phil Maton
Villa Rica, GA

Date: 10/20/20 18:45
Re: Question On Battendorf Truck Hardware
Author: Gonut1

Google is almost always your friend -
http://www.stucki.com/hydrashox.asp
Go

Date: 10/21/20 06:08
Author: NSSpike

Gonut1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Google is almost always your friend -
> http://www.stucki.com/hydrashox.asp
> Go

Hydraulic Stabilizer it is.   A very interesting and informative site with an abundance of information!!!
Many thanks Gonut1 for your reply to this post!!
NSSpike

Phil Maton
Villa Rica, GA

Date: 10/21/20 07:28
Author: Gonut1

Phil,
No problem. I usually consider the Google reply as somewhat "Snide". However you already had the name of the device in question so it was easy to find. Not like trying to find obscure information with most search engines. It is an interesting hardware piece that I've never seen or heard of before. There have been amazing advances in track/wheel interaction over the last decade.
Gonut

Date: 10/22/20 15:14
Author: Darthsimpletext

apparently, the shocks are taking some pretty bad abuse, those coal cars are heavy and rattling and bouncing is expected

nick

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.048 seconds