Home Open Account Help 262 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CN Heritage Locomotives

Date: 10/24/20 11:28
CN Heritage Locomotives
Author: Ron

These arrived in Battle Creek, Michigan, on Saturday, October 24, 2020, around 1:00 PM. As of 2:30 PM, I do not know if they've left yet, heading for Canada.
CN 3069 - WC
CN 3008 - IC
CN 3023 - EJE
CN 3115 - BCOL

Ron

Date: 10/24/20 11:29
Re: CN Heritage Locomotives

CN 3115 - BCOL

Ron

Date: 10/24/20 11:37
Author: dan

great wish they would do 4 of each, to have whole train covered

Date: 10/24/20 12:04
Author: icancmp193

IMHO, these other railroads are making BNSF's "sticker units" look cheesy.

TJY

Date: 10/24/20 12:18
Author: tuxedorailfan

Fine looking motors to say the least. I'm pleased that they used the IC style font for the numbers. By the looks of the logo coverings on it, it appears this may be an OLS paint scheme similar to some of IC's old Geeps?

The only thing the BCR unit is missing is cab mounted bell, K5L horn, and rock lights, but I'm not complaining. 

Date: 10/24/20 15:37
Author: MC6853

icancmp193 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> IMHO, these other railroads are making BNSF's
> "sticker units" look cheesy.
>
> TJY

BNSF made BNSF's sticker units look cheesy...

Date: 10/24/20 20:27
Author: CCMF

This is pretty cool after the CN100 disappointment.

Bill Miller
Galt, ON

Date: 10/25/20 11:02
Author: rev66vette

Lots of talk on other forums about "why the masquerading" on these units.....

Date: 10/25/20 11:24

rev66vette Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lots of talk on other forums about "why the masquerading" on these units.....

If you mean why are they covering up the lettering....  I think it's to keep them clean until they get them all together for the Official Photographs.

Ron

Date: 10/25/20 12:00
Author: ironmtn

I was in Battle Creek just a couple of hours after you, and I missed these there and elsewhere. I was pretty disappointed at myself for getting a late start on the day and missing them after I saw in posts on another site that they were all in the same consist. And then when I saw posts like yours here on TO, I was only more irritated at myself.

Thanks for the pix. It's going to be enjoyable to see the "inauguration image" of these units when they are all completed and posed together, as seems to perhaps be the plan. And it will be enjoyable to see these running around the CN system, and on occasion elsewhere too. We can all use a little extra excitement and enjoyment these days, to say the least. Thanks much, CN!

Congrats on making the catch!

MC
Muskegon, Michigan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/20 12:02 by ironmtn.

Date: 10/25/20 18:18

I haven't seen any kind of list from CN. Nobody has said that anyone has seen a list, but I did find this list of what is supposed to their Heritage Fleet.

The Railroads are:

Algoma Central
BC Rail (Red/White/Blue)
BC Rail (Two Tone Green)
Bessemer & Lake Erie (early Orange/Black)
CN Zebra Stripes
CN North America Map
CN original
Central Vermont (Black/Red)
Detroit, Toledo & Ironton
Duluth, Missabi & Iron Range
Duluth, Winnipeg & Pacific (Deliver With Pride)
Elgin, Joliet & Eastern
Illinois Central Gulf (Orange/Charcol Grey)
Green Bay and Western (Early Red/White)
Gulf, Mobile & Ohio (red/white redbird scheme)
Grand Trunk Western
Illinois Central
Wisconsin Central

18 heritage units!
And it wasn't 5 minutes after this list showed up that there were several complaints about it. Gee.....surprise surprise....
One that should be on that list is the D&TSL - Detroit and Toledo Shore Line.

Ron

Date: 10/26/20 09:37
Author: ironmtn

I would agree and hope that the D&TSL would be added to the list. My dad did a lot of business with them, and a senior manager was a family friend. The Shore Line has a special spot in my railroad interests, and several cars (not particularly common) run on my N-scale Michigan-based model railroad.

Hopefully CN will add the D&TSL to the list (and it seems plausible that such a list exists, internet naysayers though there may be).  And hopefully CN will not take too narrow a view, saying that the Shore Line is represented by the GTW unit, on the grounds that the Trunk held a joint ownership of the D&TSL with the Nickel Plate. Let's hope for a more inclusive view, and inclusion of a D&TSL unit in CN's heritage fleet.

MC
Muskegon, Michigan

Date: 10/26/20 14:46
Author: tuxedorailfan

I'm happy that a supposed GM&O unit is being made, just wish it was being done in the classic maroon instead of the red bird, but one can't complain. I'll be content regardless.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1801 seconds