Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > A Chase Of RJ Corman's RJC-2

Date: 10/26/20 12:46
A Chase Of RJ Corman's RJC-2
Author: NS6707

Back on 10-10-20, I chased Corman North out of Cresson to Munster with a loaded corn train from Norfolk Southern in tow. The train would eventually be unloaded in Clearfield, Pennsylvania.

Pic 1: RJC-2 arrives on 5 West in Cresson with SD40-2's 7107 & 7123. They would couple their power onto the head end.

Pic 2: Departing off of 5 West, starting their trip North.

Pic 3: McConnell Road, Cresson, Pennsylvania.

Gage Bishop
Lewistown, PA

Date: 10/26/20 12:51
Re: A Chase Of RJ Corman's RJC-2
Author: NS6707

Final two...

Pic 4: Vale Wood Road, Munster, Pennsylvania.

Pic 5: Thomas Road, Munster, Pennsylvania.

Gage Bishop
Lewistown, PA

Date: 10/26/20 15:41
Author: WM_1109

RJCP--now there's a line that doesn't see much coverage on TO.
Thanks for sharing your photos, Gage.
(Although I'm dissappointed you didn't chase all the way to Clearfield, to include, of course, Williams Street.)  8^( 
/Ted

Date: 10/27/20 07:03
Author: Gonut1

I've seen the RJC pickup the grain trains several times on the Cresson Cam. Sometimes with the NS power and other times with multiple RJC units doing the pulling.
It also interesting to see the NS grain train pass eastbound and then westbound after shoving through the crossovers and back onto the interchange track. But what you can't see on the webcam is the beautiful scenery along the Corman line towaards Claearfield. Thanks for posting a few scenes from along the way. A full chase would be quite the enterprise!
Go

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/20 07:04 by Gonut1.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0429 seconds