Home Open Account Help 312 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Help with a CSX train ID at Lakeland, FL

Date: 11/26/20 10:32
Help with a CSX train ID at Lakeland, FL
Author: superchief1944

Wednesday evening 11/25, about 5"25 PM a big CSX train came south off the Vitis Sub at the Lakeland Connection and then headed west on the Lakeland Sub. Power was 2 CSX units, the leader being either # 36 or 38. Trains was 147 cars and most of the first half of it was heavy, loaded covered hoppers, mostly from Canadian Pacific, BNSF and a few other odds and ends, many from Canada. The rear half was a collection of loads and empties of different types, mostly covered hoppers, gondolas, etc.

Can anyone give the the train's ID, its origin, routing and destination? Also, as part of its routing does it enter Winston Yard (it would have to back in as the head end went well past the junction to the yard. And it it goes into Winston at all, for what purpose?

Thanks for any information that can be offered.

Date: 11/26/20 14:12
Re: Help with a CSX train ID at Lakeland, FL
Author: railroadjohn01

Maybe train Q453-25 that runs from Waycross GA to Miami 

Just A guess

Date: 11/26/20 19:00
Re: Help with a CSX train ID at Lakeland, FL
Author: superchief1944

In my experience, Q453 is usually all loads - lumber, paper, etc. with the only empties being open top gondolas for hauling scrap. This train was different....the long string of loaded covered hoppers on the head end, many from Canadian roads and BNSF, is not typical of Q453. There were no empty scrap gondolas, no auto racks and much less "mixed" freight. And the empty open to gondolas were different (higher sides, for example) from those that haul scrap metal.

Not saying you're wrong....just that I've seen Q453 for years and this didn't look like it. And I still wonder about the connection to Winston Yard, if any. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0279 seconds