Home Open Account Help 367 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Black River & Western - New Jersey

Date: 11/29/20 13:13
Black River & Western - New Jersey
Author: boejoe

NRHS members are now receiving their Bulletin (Volume 83, No 3) covering the entire history of this operation including very early operations prior to the Flemington/Ringoes/Lambertville locations.  The publication has forty-one pages, plus front and rear covers, with text as well as b/w and color photos devoted to the BR&W.  If you are interested in steam or in this particular tourist/short line seek out a friend who might be an NRHS member and ask to borrow.  Well worth the read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/20 13:14 by boejoe.

Date: 11/30/20 01:12
Re: Black River & Western - New Jersey
Author: ClubCar

Better yet, why not buy a copy from the NRHS by joining?  I know, there are many who feel that this is a dead organization in this day and age; however there are still some very good articles that come with this magazine and the NRHS (National Railway Historical Society) for the most part still makes many donations towards the preservation of historic railroad collections all around the country.  Just a thought that may prove to be the right thing for you.
John in White Marsh, Maryland

Date: 11/30/20 13:09
Re: Black River & Western - New Jersey
Author: rev66vette

ClubCar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Better yet, why not buy a copy from the NRHS by
> joining?  I know, there are many who feel that
> this is a dead organization in this day and age;
> however there are still some very good articles
> that come with this magazine and the NRHS
> (National Railway Historical Society) for the most
> part still makes many donations towards the
> preservation of historic railroad collections all
> around the country.  Just a thought that may
> prove to be the right thing for you.
> John in White Marsh, Maryland

I agree....I've been a member for many years....The NRHS has done much work on their bulletin, the last issue had a fantastic article by MIke Schafer on the late Jim Boyd. They've had some rough times lately, but they seem to be coming out of them, and can use all the support they can get.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0352 seconds