Home Open Account Help 187 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > PRR Heritage & History/W&LE 213

Date: 01/03/21 16:40
PRR Heritage & History/W&LE 213
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

December 28, 2020 I took a 2021 Wheeling and Lake Erie calendar to my good friend who lives in Lucas, Ohio; just east of Mansfield, Ohio. After dropping the calendar off to him we then went out for the NS 12Q with the NS 8102 PRR leading. Have been into this hobby for almost thirty years and I lament not going west of Canton, Ohio back then to capture some of the PRR history such as these signals that still exist in Crestline. The available light was challenging.  I have been informed that track two is off the board between Crestline and West Mans now. The track the train is on I believe is track one. The other track is starting to show signs of no train traffic such as rust and weeds now growing up. Also NS wants to single track from Colsan (Bucyrus, Ohio) MP 200 to CP Big Run (Wooster, Ohio),MP 138. Sidings from Colsan to East Colsan, West Yard to West Mans (MP 175) to CP Lucas  (MP 169) . Have heard NS is having some issues at times finding cab signals leaders to put on the point of the ethanol and oil trains that are running again on NS. Lot of MOW work has been done on certain parts of the Fort Wayne LIne past six months. Back when the NS OCS ran with the NS 1070 leading the engineer on that train said NS was supposed to get the tankers back; that turned out to be true now I wonder if NS will utilize the Fort Wayne Line again to help take that  congestion off the Chicago/Cleveland Lines...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/21 20:35 by Forever-Railfan-45.

Date: 01/03/21 16:47
Re: PRR Heritage & History/W&LE 213
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

Pictures numbers four and five are of the NS 13Q (01/03/2021) with the NS 8102 PRR leading over the former PRR truss bridge. Last one is of the Wheeling and Lake Erie 213 (01/03/2021) just west of Zoar, Ohio at Shepler Church Road.

Date: 01/03/21 19:27
Re: PRR Heritage & History/W&LE 213
Author: NS4271

All great photos Carl.  
Bruce

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0376 seconds