Home Open Account Help 400 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Passenger Cars & Baggage Car At Enola, PA

Date: 04/20/21 16:40
Passenger Cars & Baggage Car At Enola, PA
Author: 1Train2Many

Hi, We saw this set of three passenger cars and one baggage car the other day in the Norfolk Southern Enola, PA freight yard.  We thought they left and today by surprise, they were moved to the other end of the yard with a better view.  Does anyone know what the first old car is or was?  Thanks for your help!

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/20/21 17:02
Re: Passenger Cars & Baggage Car At Enola, PA
Author: SantaFeCF7

Is it just me or does that first car have a pantograph?! 

Date: 04/20/21 18:14
Author: Gonut1

It does have a pan, but I don't recognize the car shape?
Go

Date: 04/20/21 20:00
Author: mvrr10

The first car may be a former Congo coach that was caught in flood waters in Trenton,circa 1975 ,it ended up in company service and looks like  it  may have ended up on the wire train,only a guess though. The three Amfleet 1 cars may well be the cars sold about a year ago,Cincinnat Ohio area I think.  Recently asked  E.W.Simon Jr,  co-author of the book "Amtrak By The Numbers" 2011 with Dave Warner, and El was unable to indicate which cars had been purchased other than they were two coaches and one food service car. They are the first Amfleet cars sold off that weren't wrecked or fire damaged  Amfleet cars.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0273 seconds