Home Open Account Help 324 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX service to Johnstown, PA?

Date: 06/05/21 06:13
CSX service to Johnstown, PA?
Author: qed479

Can anyone tell me if CSX is still running local service to Johnstown, PA, on a regular basis? I think the old designation for the train might have been the Rockwood District Switcher, DS703. Thanks.

Date: 06/05/21 10:59
Re: CSX service to Johnstown, PA?
Author: pennsy3750

They are.  Last I heard from a local acquaintance was that they were coming to Johnstown on Monday and Friday; whether or not they came all the way to the Flood City mid-week was dependent on the needs of a customer out in the boonies near Hollsopple.  Nothing on weekends anymore.

Date: 06/05/21 11:00
Author: Skuat

Yes, still served by D703. Crew is based out of Rockwood, but power can be left either there or Johnstown and the crew taxied to it. Works Sun-Fri, although may not run the whole way everyday. Pepsi is the main customer in Johnstown and can’t go more than 3 days without service, so that usually dictates how often they run the whole way.

Scooter

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/05/21 11:35
Author: PRR_4859

Are CSXT and NS able to interchange cars in Johnstown?

Thank you in advance.

Date: 06/05/21 14:06
Author: DJ-12

PRR_4859 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are CSXT and NS able to interchange cars in
> Johnstown?
>
> Thank you in advance.

Not directly. They would have to use the CBL, the old Beth Steel railroad operated by Lehigh Valley Rail Mgmnt. In any case, that would be a pretty out of the way gateway for traffic.

Date: 06/08/21 19:15
Author: qed479

Thanks everyone. Glad to hear that the local is still running. Hope to catch the D703 when I get down to Somerset in the Fall.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.032 seconds