Home Open Account Help 253 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > 67E creeps west with a surprise guest

Date: 06/15/21 19:32
67E creeps west with a surprise guest
Author: VFPNSFAN

Shot by my wife Marie out of the second story window of our shop.  67E comes west slowly with a BNSF unit trailing.  H44 comes west on main two at about the 3:16.  In the three and half years we've been at this location, first or second time two trains going in same direction.

6/12/21
NS HARRISBURG LINE
MP 24.5
PHOENIXVILLE, PA 19460

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/21 08:14 by VFPNSFAN.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 06/16/21 04:49
Re: 67E creeps west with a surprise guest
Author: dschlegel

Train racing!!!!

Have you noticed H44’s schedule is much later now? I’ve also seen it twice now with a single unit.

As for 67E, I’ve also heard it several times making pick ups in Reading, and the crews saying things like “so much for a unit train!” as they experienced trouble with PTC or the brake pipe charging.

Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/16/21 05:10
Author: jim6300loco

neat video!

Date: 06/16/21 08:13
Author: VFPNSFAN

Dan,

They've had 67E pick up mixed freight at Abarms and Reading recently(mutt trains, lol).  Per an NS employee on my group, as of yesterday, H44 will run at night.  

Doug

Date: 06/16/21 09:01
Author: dschlegel

VFPNSFAN Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dan,
>
> They've had 67E pick up mixed freight at Abarms
> and Reading recently(mutt trains, lol).  Per an
> NS employee on my group, as of yesterday, H44 will
> run at night.  
>
> Doug

Interesting about H44 running at night. I wonder how that affects the H68, which ran out of Allentown in the early evening to Reading and back using the same power that H44 used earlier in the day for the Allentown-Abrams turn.

Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/16/21 09:03
Author: TRACKENGR

Doug,
Cool.  Also, thanks for verifying that H44 has moved to a later schedule.  I was home last week, and he seemed to be coming down after 7 pm.

Steve

Date: 06/16/21 14:30
Author: Badorder

That 2nd train really sneaked up on a guy.  Expect a train ato any time. SAFETY first. 

Proud Foamer
OAKLEY, CA

Date: 06/17/21 09:33
Author: Darthsimpletext

AWESOME STUFF! Yes! the 67E suddenly becomes 17G! Empty CSX k trains also picked up cars at woodbourne. I think NS has the PSR thing too
About H44: sorry to hear he'll be running at night, i am still glad to have seen him twice in two visits to valley forge park

nick

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.037 seconds