Home Open Account Help 227 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSXT LH&STL (Texas) Subdivision Questions

Date: 06/23/21 19:37
CSXT LH&STL (Texas) Subdivision Questions
Author: PRR_4859

Good Evening:

Thank you for the responses to my earlier LIRC Questions.

I have questions about another Louisville area line. How much traffic does the LH&STL Subdivision (also called the Texas) see these days? Where do crews that run west over this line tie up at? Lastly, is does this line have ABS orCTC for signaling?

Thank you in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/21 19:42 by PRR_4859.

Date: 06/23/21 20:10
Re: CSXT LH&STL (Texas) Subdivision Questions
Author: Apalachicola721

Great question. While i'm not the most familiar, the railroad is under ABS. Control points are lit, but the remaining are dark signals until approach for a train in the block. 

Currently there is a list of locals, that may or may not currently operate. I do know there is a Louisville to Irvington local along with a Owensboro based switcher. 

J702 (Owensboro-Irvington)
J703 (Louisville-Irivington)
J706/707 operate Louisville-Henderson, but operate as J702/703.
J752/753 is Skillman/Owensboro switchers.

That's what I could find, anyhow. Prior to PSR, there was around 2-3 road trains per day including locals. Trains on this piece of railroad are hard to get, because its all locals besides an occasional reroute or extra rack train. If you're into shooting standing power and stations, like myself, regardless if its moving or not- this railroad would probably be a good candidate for it. It's a redundant piece of railroad but still has alot of business. It reminds me of the old Monon. If you can, follow a train from Louisville west, (if you can) and go to the PAL diamond at West Point under US 31W. Brandenburg is a great place for photos, too. I wished I had more information for you on run times and what not, but this is what I could find out. Good luck.

Date: 06/24/21 14:08
Re: CSXT LH&STL (Texas) Subdivision Questions
Author: Baxtersta

Simple answer  -- none.  But that is through traffic. On the west end, industries are stil served by local(s) out of Skillman yard. No revenue traffic out of Louisville in probably two years.  Some track maintenance has occured, for instace the crossing of the PAL at West Point was replaced last summer.  Hopefully someone along that line will step up with more info.  

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0346 seconds