Home Open Account Help 164 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > D-L current operations?

Date: 09/19/21 00:03
D-L current operations?
Author: ShortlinesUSA

Good morning.  Would anyone be able to provide an update on Delaware Lackawana's current operations?  In the past, it seemed essentially the best thing to do was be at Bridge 60 in the morning and see what jobs went where short of any specific information.  I assume that is still a prudent thing to do, but with some time past since the NS interchange moved down to Taylor, is there any sort of a predictable pattern which has developed as to which days certain jobs run?  More specifically, are there any predictable days the train heads out to Mt. Pocono or Tobyhanna?  I believe the difference between those two is a matter of where they have work, so more generally my question would be what days the train heads east on the mainline.

Any information is greatly appreciated, as always.

Mike Derrick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/21 04:42 by ShortlinesUSA.

Date: 09/19/21 04:14
Re: D-L current operations?
Author: toledopatch

The last time I saw this question asked on the D-L railfans group on Facebook, the advice was still "Be at Bridge 60 at 0800."

Date: 09/19/21 15:03
Author: rev66vette

toledopatch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The last time I saw this question asked on the D-L
> railfans group on Facebook, the advice was still
> "Be at Bridge 60 at 0800."

That's the exact theory. It's a short-line railroad and nothing is carved in stone. Bridge 60 is the place where " things happen".

Date: 09/20/21 18:51
Author: sscannella

It really is a combination of two factors, what they receive in interchange from NS, and what customers need to be switched that day...not really rocket science.   With that said, there are usually two crews on Monday - Frdiay, and one on Saturday and Sunday, though some recent Sundays they have been annulled.    They seem to run the former DL&W main to the Poconos 5 days a week (PO-74/75 job or recently they have started using the old SPG symbol if it's strictly grain for Mt. Pocono).   The Laurel Line is typically twice a week (LL-1).  SC-7 on the former D&H main is a few times a week, sand for fracking to Carbondale has been sporadic over the past few months, though the recently received a 100 car unit grain of sand.  Sometimes a crew will just switch around Scranton and use a BR-1 symbol.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1087 seconds