Home Open Account Help 375 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Turkey Day 2021

Date: 11/25/21 17:54
Turkey Day 2021
Author: tuxedorailfan

As per tradition, I go out on Thanksgiving Day to take a picture of someone working. Unfortunately (for the photo's sake), I didn't get to share this tradition with my friend David Light like I've done for the past 2 years. This year we had the KCS crew of 24E and the fuel truck driver. I do this each year to remind everyone, including myself, to be thankful for being able to spend time with the ones you care about. Some folks don't get to share this moment with their families every year.

We're quick to be thankful for our First Responders, Medical Professionals, Teachers, Linemen, etc. But it seems we often forget about the men and women that keep America moving 24/7, 365 days per year. Rain, sleet, snow, extreme heat and extreme cold, the men and women of the transportation industry keep the Country moving. Without them, we would be in a tight spot.

So, as I say every year, while you enjoy that Thanksgiving turkey and dressing, think about the folks that brought it to you. The truck drivers, the railroaders, the local delivery guys. Think of them this year and be thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

-Dylan

Date: 11/26/21 00:11
Re: Turkey Day 2021
Author: refarkas

Superb photo and great idea.
Bob

Date: 11/26/21 03:57
Author: Vicksburg_Route

Excellent image, Dylan.  For years I was in the ranks of holiday workers and I can tell you first hand, it is an invisible, thankless sacrifice.  You hit the nail on the head.

VR Out

Date: 11/26/21 05:52
Author: robj

Happy Thanksgiving.

Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0353 seconds