Home Open Account Help 356 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Another round with CSX's Law Enforcement unit

Date: 11/26/21 20:04
Another round with CSX's Law Enforcement unit
Author: srman

In recent weeks CSX has had their Law Enforcement unit locked in to trains Q208/Q209 that run back and forth from Louisville Ky. and North Baltimore Ohio. I'm not complaining.
In my attempts before the weather has been unfavorable. Today it was cold but sunny. Three images are from Campbellsburg, Buckner and finally Louisville Ky. as it passes the University of Louisville's Cardinal football stadium. Thanks for looking. 

Date: 11/26/21 20:23
Re: Another round with CSX's Law Enforcement unit
Author: robj

Three sharp locations.

Bob

Date: 11/26/21 22:14
Author: toledopatch

The Q208/Q209 trains' northern terminal is Walbridge, Ohio.

Date: 11/26/21 22:40
Author: boejoe

The football stadium shot looks like viewing platforms on top of caboose bodies similar to Univ of South Carolina Gamecocks stadium in Columbia SC.  Clarification, please.

Date: 11/27/21 05:48
Author: TerrapinStation

boejoe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The football stadium shot looks like viewing
> platforms on top of caboose bodies similar to Univ
> of South Carolina Gamecocks stadium in Columbia
> SC.  Clarification, please.

In 3d view on google maps while viewing from the other side, definately a line of cabooses with viewing platforms on top.  AC units are visible in above photo.  How much do they cost for rent?  Only available on game day?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Date: 11/27/21 05:52
Author: texchief1

Nice shots!

RC Lundgren
Elgin, TX

Date: 11/27/21 09:57
Author: srman

The University of Louisville's football stadium is the former site of the L&N's south Louisville shops. Built I believe in 1905 it repaired and built locomotives until it closed around 1987. I suppose the caboose sort of ties in to the former sites existance. Now they are used as party sites on the days when home games are played. I have no idea what the charge is for using them or if there is one. They may used only by those who contribute to the school. It has been awhile however when there is no game I have used those porches on occasion to photograph a train. However if you were to encounter UofL security they might have something to say about doing that. 

Date: 11/27/21 10:38
Author: KY_Railfan

They blow a train horn everytime Louisville scores during a game.

Date: 11/27/21 11:53
Author: boejoe

Further research about the cabooses reveals there are about 13 +/-.  Heritage seems to be from L&N, CB&Q, NP, BN, IC, C&O.
jb

Date: 11/28/21 02:36
Author: PossumKing

From the title I thought this would be a tale of cinderdicks hasslin' foamers. 😅😉

Very nice photos... 

Link below: some 2019  news re: cabeese.  $15,000 per year to lease at one time. 

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2019/08/14/university-louisville-cardinal-stadium-keep-its-cabooses/2008542001/

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0546 seconds