Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX at Hamlet NC November 28, 2021

Date: 11/28/21 16:21
CSX at Hamlet NC November 28, 2021
Author: TerrapinStation

I found out on Friday around noon that I was being taken to Oak Island NC.  I have my hostesses trained to drive through Hamlet NC on our way from GSO to the beach condo.  We just missed something as we arrived around 3:30 pm, lingered for 10 minutes then continued to Southport for dinner at the Frying Pan.  I knew we would head back to GSO on Sunday.  Before we left, I finally opened the bag of Cretors that I purchased near home in CA several weeks ago.  We left at 2 pm with cloudy skies which meant 4:30 pm arrival in Hamlet.  We exited the interstate after Laurinburg roughly paralleling the track.  I didn't see anything until we were in Hamlet on the wrong side of the tracks and unable to cross in front of the train.  All photographs taken at Raleigh Avenue.  This intermodal had one engine on the point and after 85 or so platforms, another single engine, then 5 more platforms.  Did this train originat in Wilmington NC?  Where would it be headed?  Thanks in advance.

Terrapin Station

More "Tons of Steel"
"And a hundred thousand tons of steel, made to roll.
The brakes don't work and this grade's too steep, her engine's sure to blow.
And a hundred thousand tons of steel, out of control,
She's more a roller coaster than the train I used to know...."

Date: 11/28/21 16:24
Re: CSX at Hamlet NC November 28, 2021
Author: TerrapinStation

Two more photos.

Date: 11/28/21 17:45
Author: SOU3921

That is the Jax-Clt pig train you caught, I038, ex-Q038.

Date: 11/30/21 07:56
Author: bigmc83

You got a couple of gems in this series.  The 3010 had a sticker of somesort, but I can't recall the railroad.  And, the pink TTX Breast Cancer well car is another good one.

-Sean

Date: 11/30/21 14:21
Author: MC6853

bigmc83 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You got a couple of gems in this series.  The
> 3010 had a sticker of somesort, but I can't recall
> the railroad.  And, the pink TTX Breast Cancer
> well car is another good one.
>
> -Sean

Gainesville Midland... The choice of number 3010 was allegedly a tribute to GM SD40 #10... Of course they could just repaint it in full Gainesville Midland paint rather than slap on a sticker that eventually got peeled off, but that would be far too interesting...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/21 14:24 by MC6853.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.064 seconds