Home Open Account Help 344 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Rescue Mission departs Roanoke the morning after Izzy

Date: 01/17/22 04:11
Rescue Mission departs Roanoke the morning after Izzy
Author: JPB

At 0652 Monday 1/17/22 the day after winter storm Izzy blew through the Roanoke area, a 97T crew on light power has been called to go rescue an unknown train on the Shenandoah line. In general the Roanoke live cam showed trains moving throughout the night except for Amtrak who threw in the towel by cancelling Sunday's inbound Roanoke train.

Hopefully there's a whiskey barrel strapped to the front porch of the lead ES44DC!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/22 04:13 by JPB.

Date: 01/17/22 07:30
Re: Rescue Mission departs Roanoke the morning after Izzy
Author: Jckaufman

I see that the hopper cars and their trucks are still sitting by the fence from that derailment a while back.

Date: 01/17/22 08:05
Author: Jimbo

Jckaufman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I see that the hopper cars and their trucks are
> still sitting by the fence from that derailment a
> while back.

Yes, maybe the Hotel Roanoke should turn them into giant planter boxes as it looks like them may be permanent!

I also noticed that the switch heaters have not been turned on, at least those visible.  "Snow?  We have no snow in Atlanta!"  Roanoke had probably 9 inches of snow and sleet.  It's hard to tell for sure because the sleet compressed the snow already on the ground.

Date: 01/17/22 09:04
Author: steamloco

We had about 7" just 120 miles up the line near Greenville and everything seems to be running smooth Monday. Taxi wasn't running yesterday so crews were stopping and swapping halfway between Greenville and Atlanta and turning back home.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0392 seconds