Home Open Account Help 173 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Blue Deuces for all 2's day

Date: 02/22/22 16:52
Blue Deuces for all 2's day
Author: Skuat

Since it's 2/22/22 decided to dig out a couple blue deuce shots. 

1. CSX's deuce, well at least it used to be, CW44AC #2, since renumbered to make room for one of the F40's, leads Q354 into Cumberland, MD at the Bud Board on March 25, 2018.

2. Amtrak's deuce leading the eastbound Capital Limited on the west slope of Sand Patch at Salisbury Jct. just west of Meyersdale, PA on March 12, 2009. The train is stopped due to being banner checked, with the 'obstruction' being visible at lower left.

3. Finally the real Blue Deuce, Rusty Wallace's #2 Miller Lite Ford Taurus. In 2001 and 2002 Amtrak was an associate sponsor on the Roger Penske owned car, and was featured in a couple of the timetables from the era. This one is from '02 and features the Auto Train with Rusty's hot rod. Fittingly, the number 2 Ford from the Penske stable won this past Sunday's Daytona 500 with rookie driver Austin Cindric behind wheel for his first Cup Series victory.

Enjoy the rest of what some are calling the luckiest day of the century!

Scooter

Date: 02/23/22 07:30
Re: Blue Deuces for all 2's day
Author: masterphots

At one point in his career,  I think Rusty was sponsored by Kodak.  Somewhere I have a Kodak cap from that team.

Date: 02/23/22 10:51
Author: ShortlinesUSA

I believe that was Ernie Irvan with the Kodak car, or at least the one I recall.  

Nice shots, Scooter!

Mike Derrick

Date: 02/23/22 11:18
Author: Bob3985

I am not sure what is meant by a "Banner" check. On the UP these were known as stop tests.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 02/23/22 12:08
Author: dschlegel

ShortlinesUSA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I believe that was Ernie Irvan with the Kodak car,
> or at least the one I recall.  
>
> Nice shots, Scooter!
>
> Mike Derrick
>  

Agreed, one time in the mid 80’s a Kodak car was brought into Kutztown for a camera shop promotion, and Ernie was the driver at that time. I have a photo of that somewhere in the archives……..

Posted from iPhone

Date: 02/23/22 13:23
Author: Skuat

Bob3985 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am not sure what is meant by a "Banner" check.
> On the UP these were known as stop tests.

This must be a regional term, I've always heard banner used on CSX and NS around here, although the UP name definitely makes a lot of sense! 

Ernie definitely had the more memorable Kodak ride, the number 4 car from Morgan McClure Racing. That car was also driven by Sterling Marlin, most famously to a pair of Daytona 500 wins in the mid 90's. Rusty did drive a pair of one off Kodak sponsored cars in 2004 and 2005 at Watkins Glen and Texas respectively. In the mid 2000's Kodak was an associate sponsor on the Penske cars, including primary sponsorship on the 77 car for a number of races.

Scooter

Date: 02/23/22 13:43
Author: ns1000

I like Pic 1!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0567 seconds