Home Open Account Help 258 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Massillon Monday - OHCR 4093

Date: 04/11/22 05:19
Massillon Monday - OHCR 4093
Author: refarkas

Many times I have mentioned NS MACE in Massillon, Ohio. Actually there were PRR MACE, PC MACE, and CR MACE prior to NS MACE. If you look at this image of Ohio Central 4093 and Ohio Central 4094 heading south (From interchanging with CSX at Warwick, Ohio) over RJ Corman (Ex-B&O/Chessie System/CSX) trackage on April 16, 2014, you will notice the RJ Corman track connects with the NS and almost immediately branches off to the right. At one time there was a diamond here with MACE Tower guarding the crossing. I can't remember if the diamond was removed in late Conrail or early Norfolk Southern times. Today we have this on-and-off track arrangement which RJ Corman still uses but to the best of my knowledge is no longer used by Ohio Central.
Bob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/22 05:23 by refarkas.

Date: 04/11/22 06:11
Re: Massillon Monday - OHCR 4093
Author: Notch76

Great catch

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/11/22 08:35
Author: Heath_Tower

The diamond at CP MACE was in place at least until January 15th, 1993, when I got a cab ride on OHCR #33 (With the Company's permission,
of course) on the OC local from Baltic OH to Warwick...and then back to Coshocton. 7 cars to Warwick/9 cars to Coshocton...

I recall the right red light on the signal in the picture was dark, the engineer at the time said it had been burned out "forever"...

Engineer J. Lennon, Conductor J. McCann, Brakeman F. S. Irvin, those were the days. Quite crowded in the cab with 4 people but the lawn
chair I took along made the situation better...

Date: 04/11/22 09:00
Author: refarkas

What a great trip you had. Thanks for sharing your information.
Bob

Date: 04/14/22 18:35
Author: SD40T-2_fan

The diamond was removed in the early 90’s I believe via a derailment of a Conrail train.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0411 seconds