Home Open Account Help 325 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS Heritage Units Tally

Date: 05/09/22 08:13
NS Heritage Units Tally
Author: RDG630

This July it will be ten years since the introduction of the NS Heritage Locomotive fleet. For me, growing up in southeastern Pennsylvania it has rejuventated my rail photography and has added so much interest. I have attached a photo of the most photographed units in order over these ten years of "Heritage Hunting". I only count photographs where the unit is leading. Happily the Reading uniut leads the list.

Date: 05/09/22 08:22
Re: NS Heritage Units Tally
Author: jgilmore

Great bunch, RDG one is my favorite too...

JG

Date: 05/09/22 08:32
Author: junctiontower

Interesting that the Reading is #1 on your list but is the ONLY one I haven't seen, leading or otherwise.

Date: 05/09/22 08:44
Author: Lackawanna484

The Southern unit and the PennCentral unit both spent a few months out of service

Date: 05/09/22 13:34
Author: srman

.Great series of those heritage units. It was a challenge however I got them all over the years. When they came out in 2012 I had just started a new job and I didn't think it was appropriate to ask off so soon to attend the big event in Spencer. Now retired I have all the time in the world. Although now quite dirty I hope they keep running for a few more years. 

Date: 05/10/22 05:06
Author: bath_wildcat

Got them all over the years leading on the Chicago Line.

My top two are the Conrail and NKP, Wifs favorite-Reading.

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 05/10/22 07:25
Author: toledopatch

Lackawanna484 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Southern unit and the PennCentral unit both
> spent a few months out of service

So did the Conrail and the Lackawanna, among others.

And I particularly remember the Reading being sidelined for a while after a traction motor seized in central Ohio.

Also, while the "NS Birthday Party" where all 20 units were displayed was in July, the first ones were outshopped in early spring.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/22 07:26 by toledopatch.

Date: 05/10/22 10:57
Author: RDG630

I am aware they were put in service at different times but I decided to have a uniform date - Spencer Event - rather than trying to match 10 years for each individually.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0342 seconds