Home Open Account Help 290 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX meets MMID at the top of the mountain

Date: 05/19/22 05:19
CSX meets MMID at the top of the mountain
Author: bigsavage

A few shots from 5/17/22 of CSX L151 and Maryland Midland's UBHF turn meeting and exchanging cars in Highfield, MD.
1. MMID power has left its train, and is running westward on CSX to get its inbound train, parked on the main at the former Fort Ritchie.
2. Returning with its inbound train, the MMID will stop by my location to wait for a late CSX L151 local.  After leaving MMID's cars on the main,  L151 rolls east on the former WM RWY Hanover Sub about 2 miles to switch a grit mill before returning to exchange cars with MMID at Highfield.
3. Hello CSX, L151 will now back its train onto MMID tracks to get the outbound cars, MMID will pull east onto the Hanover Sub to get clear.

Date: 05/19/22 05:26
Re: CSX meets MMID at the top of the mountain
Author: bigsavage

1. MMID pulls east while CSX is backing onto MMID rails.
2. CSX prepares to make a brake test on its now much larger train, and then will head west to Hagerstown.
3. @ 12:06 p.m., L151 is nearing Smithsburg, MD., and has just descended 6 miles of 1.58% grade on the former WM RWY mainline.
All pics by Warren W. Jenkins

Date: 05/19/22 07:47
Author: ClubCar

Once again, thank you Big Savage for your continued coverage of trains on both the Maryland Midland (former Western Maryland Railway) and CSX.  I do appreciate your efforts.
John in White Marsh, Maryland

Date: 05/20/22 14:09
Author: WM_1109

I especially like the last one.  It's got all of the power, a healthy chunck of the train, and you can actually see it coming down off the mountain.
/Ted

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0346 seconds